It's been a crazy year for Ready Player Me. Back in January, we had just 25 companies using our avatar system in their apps and games. Today, there are more than 1000.
We're excited to announce a $13M Series A funding round led by Taavet+Sten, the co-founders of Wise and Teleport, with participation from Tom Preston-Werner, the co-founder of GitHub, Samsung Next, NordicNinja and Konvoy Ventures, among many others.
The metaverse is not a single app or a game – it's a network of thousands of virtual worlds people visit to play, work, and collaborate. It makes no sense for users to create a new avatar for each game and experience. Your avatar should be able to travel with you across the metaverse.
It also makes no sense for each virtual world to build their own avatar system. We spent 7 years building the best avatars, so you don't have to.
We couldn't be more excited to have this incredible list of investors to join us on the journey of making Ready Player Me the default identity system for the metaverse.
- Taavet+Sten – Co-Founders of Wise, Skype and Teleport
- Tom Preston-Werner – Co-Founder of GitHub
- NordicNinja – DappRadar, Varjo, Bolt
- Konvoy Ventures – Axie Infinity, Hiberworld
- Samsung Next – Dapper Labs, Axie Infinity
- Hubert Thieblot – Co-Founder of Curse, ex-VP at Twitch
- Gautam Shah – Kamerra, Skillz
- Stefano Corazza – Co-Founder of Mixamo, VP at Adobe
- Khaled Helioui – Uber early investor
- Marvin Liao – 500 Startups
- GMoney – crypto and NFTs
- Niftynaut – crypto and NFTs
- Joachim Hedenius – Ready Player Me customer, Co-Founder of KRY, Scapin
- Artur Sychov – Ready Player Me customer, Co-Founder of Somnium Space
- Anand Agarawala – Ready Player Me customer, Co-Founder of Spatial.io
- Kaarel Kotkas – Co-Founder of Veriff
- Brian Corrigan – PUBG
What are we going to do with the capital?
Build the best avatar system for developers across the metaverse. We will build out custom content creation tools, invest in avatar art through additional styles and body types, and improve avatar performance. We'll build flexible avatar APIs and SDKs for improved developer experience and ease of integration.
Help developers make money with avatars through in-game asset sales and NFT's. Our goal is for Ready Player Me to become a revenue generator for developers. We will achieve that with in-game asset sales and NFTs.
Create a magical cross-app experience for end-users. Make it easy for people to travel between worlds with their avatars. Help our users find exciting virtual worlds to explore.
Hire the best avatar team in the world. We will scale from 30 people today to over 70. Want to join the team? We're hiring for many roles in Europe and the US. If you didn't find a role that fits your profile, feel free to reach out. Not all of them have a job description yet.
We're excited to show you what we've been building in 2022 – follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date.
Get started with Ready Player Me 3D Avatars
Over 1100 companies are integrating Ready Player Me avatars into their apps and games. If you want to join them, feel free to become a partner. You can also check our docs, where you can find avatar SDKs for Unity and Unreal Engine 4.